Know Before You Go
Monday, May 8th: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Tuesday, May 9th: 7:00 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday, May 10th: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Parking at the Lansing Center (333 E Michigan Ave) is free but requires validation. Bring your parking ticket to the BMCC Help Desk each day to receive a validation sticker.
BMCC Mobile App (no printed program booklet provided)
Download the Attendee Mobile app from the app store
Search for event: 2023 BMCC
Log in with your email address and password used for BMCC registration to access the "My Agenda" and chat features.
NASW credits will be tracked through the mobile app
Slides and handouts, if provided, available in mobile app
Special Elements You Can't Miss!
- Steal My Idea with Comedian Horace H.B. Sanders - BMCC's first ever "show within a show!" Join the fun at the lunch hour on Wednesday. Visit Horace at his merchandise table following the presentation.
- Visit our Exhibit Hall with over 30 booths.
- Good Will Hunting - BMCC is providing personal care items for distribution by our exhibitors at Tuesday's reception. Attendees will be challenged to collect these items in a scavenger hunt throughout the exhibit hall for donation to various shelter providers throughout the state. Attendees are encouraged to bring additional personal care items for donation!
- BMCC Bookstore - Visit the BMCC bookstore in the Exhibit Hall to purchase the works of some of our esteemed speakers and keynotes! Open until Wednesday at 1:00 pm.
- Book Signings - Angeline Boulley and Professor Angela Davis will each provide a book signing following their keynote presentation. Be sure to purchase a copy of their book at the BMCC Bookstore prior to their keynotes, while supplies last!
- Professional Headshots - Complimentary headshots will be available to all BMCC attendees! Visit Gary Shrewsbury Photography at exhibit booths 118 & 120 during break time.
- Listening Lounge - Take a break and meet your colleagues. Visit the listening lounge in the exhibit hall to discuss conference content with fellow attendees. Spark questions for discussion will be provided!
- Quiet Room – low lighting and no conversation, available throughout the conference on the second floor.
- Chair Yoga – Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. Banquet Room 2-4
- *New Session Added: LEO: Working Together to Build Strong Communities with Susan Corbin, Director, Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Opportunity, Tuesday, 10:15 a.m.
What to Bring:
- Personal reusable water bottles, (water fill up stations available throughout the building)
- Wear layers (it is difficult for us to control the temperature)
- Conference bag (not provided in 2023)
- Cell phone or tablet, notetaking tools
- Masks and hand sanitizer (available onsite if needed)